Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome to my P90X Blog

Hey everyone.  Glad you're checking out my blog.  I've been doing P90X since April 2009 and this blog is here to serve as motivation, Q&A and a place to learn.

If you've seen the new P90X infomercial, you may have noticed me in it at about the 1:30 mark as my before and after photos were used!  That was the result of ALOT of hard work and dedication not only to P90X, but the Nutrition plan as well.  Thus my first post is going to recap what happened to me after my first round of P90X and where i'm at with my second "Strict" round.

So July 25th, 2009 I completed my first round of P90X.  I did not miss a single workout and as far as the Nutrition plan... I only ate one cookie and one piece of bread that was not whole wheat.  Needless to say my results were amazing.

July 31, 2009 my daughter was born and I decided I couldn't commit to another strict round of P90X.  I basically stopped working out regularly. I would workout with P90X and Insanity and get in roughly 4-5 workouts per week, but I ignored the meal plan (when i say ignored...I mean I ate like crap).  Let's just say I was in great shape, but I gained bodyfat!!  I went from 177 at the end of my first round of P90X to about 192 - and that was with working out 4-5 days per week!

I decided to commit to another Strict round of P90X on April 2, 2010 and am currently on my first recovery week.  So far everything has been going great.  I'm down 4 pounds and sitting at about 7% bodyfat.  Nutrition wise i'm staying on-track and feeling great!

In the weeks to come i will be chronicling my second journey, and providing any tips or advice i can think of along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment